We as community members of the Rockford Region, desire to achieve our vision for transformational change and will uphold the following shared values as the foundation for a civil and cultivating environment:
- Inclusion: Cultivate and support an environment that fully engages our community’s differences and diversity to ensure that individuals and organizations are heard, valued and supported.
- Caring: Show concern for the welfare of each person and foster a community culture that thinks and acts as one interactive and interdependent region.
- Respect: Embrace the knowledge and experiences of others by being attentive, listening well, and celebrate diversity as a strength and source of shared learning.
- Transparency: Foster an open process for maximum participant input and access to all information to enhance understanding and community ownership.
- Trustworthiness: Strive for integrity and reliable communication. Become committed to the highest levels of honesty and truthfulness.
- Unity: Place the greater good of all parts of our region and its transformation ahead of self or organizational interests.
- Ideation: Balance our brainstorming and decision- making process with all points of view and measurable information.
- Responsibility: Pursue excellence and accountability of self and others by not shifting blame or taking improper credit. Participate to the fullest of our ability.
- Interconnectedness: Won’t compromise any jurisdiction’s or organization’s identity or decision authority, but rather look to partner and integrate shared values, goals and philosophies.
Shared Values Commitment / Volunteer Form
By completing and submitting the below form, I agree to work, communicate, live by and believe these 9 shared values for the good of my community and to help lead a transformation of success for future generations. By submitting this form you allow TransformRockford to communicate to you with your email address.
Click here to access form